4 Tips on building a good sleeping habits for your little one
Here are some facts about babies' sleeping pattern:
- Newborns sleep 16 or more hours a day in total
- They often sleep a few hours a time and the pattern might be irregular
- By the age of 3-4 months old, babies sleep at least 4-5 hours at a time and regular in pattern
* Every baby is different
How can we help babies to build a regular sleeping pattern?
Here are 4 tips you can follow:
Consistent and calming bedtime routine
Do not overstimulate your little on in the evening which will make it difficult for baby to settle to sleep. Try to start a regular activity before sleep, like bathing, cuddling, playing quiet music or reading, with a clear signal for your baby that it's time to sleep.
2. Put your baby to bed when they are sleepy, but awake
This action will help your baby associate bed with the process of falling asleep.
3. Might be consider a pacifier
If your baby has trouble to settle down, a pacifier or any comforting toys might do the trick.
4. Keeping a low key night-time care
Use dim lights, soft voice and clam movements to let your baby know it's time for sleep not play.